You know, that I know, that you know I like reading lists. I like looking over lists of books, highlighting the ones I’ve read, thinking about what that says about myself, and plotting how to someday…one day…read everything on the list because I am, after all, a BAMF.
My reading lists here at Paperback Fool are getting a LITTLE out of control, but I think I may have to add this list from Flavorwire: 50 Incredibly Tough Books for Extreme Readers. I think the list goes perfectly with my Big Books Project, in which I tackle a monster book twice a year, checking them off the life list and taking care of business. But, I like the moniker “extreme reader” too. Definitely me.
I’m thinking this Flavorwire list, then, is a challenge. Well, challenge accepted Flavorwire! These are the books I’ve already read (including one of my favorite books of all time!):
- The Sound and the Fury – William Faulkner
- Geek Love – Katherine Dunn
- To the Lighthouse – Virginia Woolf
- The Silmarillion – J.R.R. Tolkien
- Heart of Darkness – Joseph Conrad (read so many times for school also to be a favorite)
- War and Peace – Leo Tolstoy
- The Canterbury Tales – Geoffrey Chaucer
- Sophie’s Choice – William Styron