And this is why:
- Ditching “work” early to go to the Detroit Zoo with Joel on his day off Friday.
- Sleeping in both days with NOTHING major on the agenda. Ahh the bliss of a clear schedule.
- Possibly making new friends with the ridiculously friendly couple who won the Birmingham Patch spring contest.
- Bike ride around Birmingham for smoothies and stamp-buying.
- Surprise Easter gift box from Cherry Republic arriving Friday (thanks parents-in-law!)
- Lovely weather.
- Taco night!
- To Kill a Mockingbird on USA Saturday night.
- Surprise Easter basket Sunday morning with our favorite candies: Peeps, Reese eggs, smarties, nerds, chocolate bunny and Starburst jellybeans.
- No one at Panera or Kroger Sunday morning — no lines! Pays not to be religious.
- Finishing Flowers for Algernon (sad!…review pending)
- Taking in our fourth Hayao Miyazaki film, Porco Rosso. Excellent, as always.
- Not having to stop during our run around the neighborhood.
- Smothered pork chops.
- No roller derby Sunday night, meaning more time to hang with my boy and listen to the Film Classsics show on WRCJ.
- Wine, wine and more wine.