I love library sales. I don’t go to enough of them, but when I do, it’s always a good day. Our local library is having their bi-annual book sale this weekend and since I missed their fall sale, I knew I couldn’t miss this one.
I swear, Joel and I were there less than 30 minutes and we walked out with almost 1o books…for $12. All paperbacks — mass market and trade — were only a dollar. A DOLLAR That was how much I paid for the sale items at Half-Price with my employee discount…that’s a good deal. They had a fabulous selection, though I kept a running count of all the Eat Pray Love‘s I saw. Joel even found something! Here’s my haul:
- Possession by A.S. Byatt
- Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout
- This Boy’s Life by Tobias Wolf
- The Shipping News by E. Annie Proulx
- The Simarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien
- When You Are Engulfed in Flames by David Sedaris
- Devil in the White City by Erik Larson
- Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson
The old guy at the check-out is like, “You’ve got some good books!” I could only say, “I know.” The best part of the whole trip, though, may be my new copy of The Simarillion, which is the same copy my dad owns and may be in better shape. Plus, it completes my Tolkien collection. Behold:
Hopefully they survive.