Before I get to my literary roundup of 2010, let’s first address the things that actually happened to me. Aka: real life. If I thought 2009 was a big year, (can’t help the cliche) I didn’t know what 2010 had in store for me. Let’s review:
- Joel and I went to New Orleans on New Year’s Day, watching UC be beaten by Florida in the Sugar Bowl. I wasn’t so much a fan of the football, but I did fall in love with New Orleans.
- Joel graduated from the University of Cincinnati with an honorary degree in aerospace engineering.
- Joel and I got engaged.
- I was a bridesmaid in my best friend’s wedding.
- I left a job which was supposed to be temporary, but I ended up loving so hard.
- We moved away from Cincinnati, the strange, lovely city where we had lived our entire life.
- We moved to Michigan
- Joel started his first real job with General Motors.
- We adopted two new members of our family: our adorable baby kittens.
- I got my first “real” job with Patch and, for the first time in my life, entered the “real world.”
Of course, this doesn’t even count how many new friends I’ve made in 2010 and all the adventures we’ve had. With so much change and upheaval during the past two years, I foresee a quiet 2011. Besides a few weddings to attend this summer and me turning 25 in September (AH!), we don’t have any big events scheduled for the next 12 months. In part, this is a good thing. 2012 is going to be HUGE—it may even top 2009 and 2010 combined—what with getting married and all, not to mention our awesome European honeymoon. 2011 will be a good year to recoup, live life normally and get ready for the second half of our 20’s.