Here’s a brief recap of the madness that has been the past two days (hence, the reason behind the lack of blog posts):
* Run in the morning
* Still in my running clothes, I madly cleaned the apartment from top to bottom
* Paid my bills, finally went through my mail, and balanced my checkbook. As an English major, this takes pretty long.
* Applied for another job
* Drove home to find my dad home from work early. Plans to write a review of French Women Don’t Get Fat were nixed as we left for Ohio University an hour earlier than expected
* Drove three hours through nowheres-ville, Ohio
* Arrived at Ohio University and saw the Garrison Keillor show (awesome!-review pending)
* Drove three hours home through nowheres-ville, Ohio (this time in the dark)
* Got home around midnight, crashed
* Sometime during the night, the cat pukes on my temporary bed at my parents’ house. I get up at 4 a.m. to clean it up.
* Got up at 6 and battled my little brother for the shower like we were both in high school again
* Worked the opening shift at work, dragging my feet all day. Sometime during the day, I remember my best friend’s bridal shower is this Sunday, and I haven’t bought a present
* Battle Mason traffic to meet my mom at Kenwood Mall. Shop for an hour and a half, spend way too much money. For the first time since I was 6, I whine about leaving the mall and not dilly-dallying in the shoe section
* Return to apartment. Make labor-intensive dinner but don’t eat until 9, when Joel gets home
* Force ourselves to watch Inglorious Bastards because it’s the last of the movies I borrowed from work, and I have to return them all TODAY
* Pass out
So while I didn’t end world hunger, it’s still been a busy few days. Life has a way of sneaking up on you, it seems, and capitalizing all your free time with “responsibility” and “commitments.” Lame. But I promise…give me a day or two, and I’ll be back in my routines and back in my game.